In honor of Veterans Day, the Daniel Boone National Forest will waive fees at several recreation areas. The fee waivers apply to all forest visitors at designated locations.
“We want to especially recognize our nation’s veterans and enlisted military members on Veterans Day,” said Forest Supervisor Dan Olsen. “We truly appreciate their honorable service and the sacrifices they have made for our country.
“On this special holiday, I hope our service men and women find the opportunity to visit our forest and enjoy some outdoor recreational time with their families,” said Olsen.
On Monday, Nov. 11, no fee is required at the following day-use sites:
· Redbird Crest Trail - Clay and Leslie counties
· White Sulphur ATV Trail – Bath County
· Clear Creek Shooting Range - Bath County
· Natural Arch Scenic Area – McCreary County
· Appletree Shooting Range - McCreary County
· Keno Shooting Range – Pulaski County
· Laurel River Lake boat ramps - Laurel and Whitley counties
· Cave Run Lake boat ramps – Bath, Rowan and Menifee counties
Overnight camping fees are also waived at the following national forest locations:
· Red River Gorge - Powell, Menifee and Wolfe counties
· Koomer Ridge Campground - Wolfe County
· Barren Fork Horse Camp - McCreary County
· White Sulphur Horse Camp - Bath County
· Clear Creek Campground - Bath County
· Claylick Boat-in Campground – Rowan County
In the Red River Gorge, backcountry campers staying overnight on Monday are not required to have a fee permit.
For more information, call 859-745-3100 or visit the national forest website at fs.usda.gov/dbnf.