The Morehead News invited Rowan County Judge-Executive Harry Clark, Morehead Tourism Commission chairperson Keith Kappes and Morehead Mayor Laura White-Brown to discuss the future of tourism in Rowan County.
This is the first episode of regular series to feature local persons discussing local topics.
White-Brown was unable to join us due to an unexpected appointment that day.
One note of correction: Clark mentions a 7% tax on hotels. He later corrected, after filming, that it would be 4% for transient rooms in the city and 3% for those outside the city. Hotels and other lodging facilities in the city will not be double taxed.
This was filmed on Friday, Nov. 22.
- Morehead man missing
- Morehead man arrested in Pikeville, facing 21 charges
- Editorial: Morehead traffic lights should be synced
- Hendrix cuts ribbon on new office
- RCSHS Marching Band to be in inauguration parade
- Turbid water issue addressed at city council
- Boil water advisory lifted for Rowan Water
- Keeton signs on with KCU
- Lakeside Christian holds silent auction fundraiser
- Governor replaces state school board