The Morehead News invited Rowan County Judge-Executive Harry Clark, Morehead Tourism Commission chairperson Keith Kappes and Morehead Mayor Laura White-Brown to discuss the future of tourism in Rowan County.
This is the first episode of regular series to feature local persons discussing local topics.
White-Brown was unable to join us due to an unexpected appointment that day.
One note of correction: Clark mentions a 7% tax on hotels. He later corrected, after filming, that it would be 4% for transient rooms in the city and 3% for those outside the city. Hotels and other lodging facilities in the city will not be double taxed.
This was filmed on Friday, Nov. 22.
Rowan County Fire & EMS
Feed Hosted by Broadcastify
- Six arrested in drug related activities
- Caudill prepared for his future success at MCTC
- One injured in car vs. tree accident
- Ford's drive leads Rowan
- Rowan now a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary
- Harmon releases audit of Rowan County Sheriff's Tax Settlement
- Hitch named among top economic developers in North America
- UPDATED: Grayson woman located
- 30 indicted by grand jury
- Guest column: The Mabry Cemetery at Cranston