03/26/13 — A total of 21 persons were indicted by a Rowan County grand jury March 15 on crimes ranging from criminal abuse of a child to drug trafficking.
• Christina A. Carroll, 18, and Isaac Moore, 22, for criminal abuse when they allegedly abused or permitted the abuse of their 11-month-old son by causing a permanent injury to his right eye, contusion to the forehead and bruising on the jawline on Oct. 10, 2012.
• Zachary E. Ison, 27, for criminal possession of a forged instrument when he allegedly passed a counterfeit $50 bill at the Morehead State University food court on Aug. 20, 2012.
• Casey Ishmael Whitt, 28, for criminal possession of a forged instrument when he allegedly passed a counterfeit $100 bill at the MSU food court on Aug. 20, 2012.
• Belinda K. Hall, 36, for theft by unlawful taking-firearm when she allegedly took a handgun belonging to Joseph Riley on Nov. 19, 2012.
• Beth M. Barnes, 48, for wanton endangerment when she allegedly pointed a handgun at Justin Knight and shot the headlight on the driver's side of his car on Dec. 5, 2012.
• Marion Wayne Hudson, 27, for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon when he allegedly had a handgun on Feb. 9 after having been previously convicted of a felony.
• William G. O'Brien, 50, for receiving stolen property-firearm when he allegedly had a pistol belonging to Randy J. Tackett on Jan. 13.
O'Brien also was indicted for receiving stolen property when he allegedly had a stolen crossbow and ammunition.
• Aaron M. Thompson, 19, for theft by unlawful taking-auto when he allegedly took a $1,500 Chevrolet Lumina belonging to Brian Baldwin on Jan. 16.
• Daniel L. Thompson, 23, for theft by unlawful taking-auto when he allegedly took a $1,500 Chevrolet Lumina belonging to Brian Baldwin on Jan. 16.
• Eric L. Stewart, 35, for trafficking in a controlled substance when he allegedly trafficked in more than 2 grams of heroin on Sept. 5, 2012.